Omelette curry is a very simple recipe, easy to prepare and of course much healthier than it’s alternative spicy and fried Egg Curry version. This dish can be served with rice as well as roti.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- whole cumin seeds
- 2 medium sized chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2-3 green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
1. Take 3 eggs and break it into a bowl and beat it with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder.
2. Take a non stick frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and put the beat up egg (step 1) into it. Cook both side until it fully cooked. Cut the omelette into square pieces and keep aside.
3. In a kadhai (deep bowl) heat 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, then put whole cumin seeds after 1 min add 2 medium sized chopped onion and fry till it become little brown and half tender, then add 1 chopped tomato, 2-3 green chili, salt to taste, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala and fry till oil comes out of the masala (fried spice).
4. Put 2 cups of water into the kadhai (step3) and boil it for 2 mins, then put omelette pieces into the kadhai and stir for few mins.
Finally garnish with fresh coriander leaves
Omelette Curry is ready to serve for Lunch or dinner with Rice or Roti (Chappati). The spicy and rich version of this recipe is the Egg Curry.